Friday, March 12, 2010

Analyses Doctors Appointment

Today was finally the day. We have waited 4 months for this doctors appointment! Dr. Davey specializes in pediatric orthopedic surgery. He only comes to Tulsa one day a month.
Analyses feet turn inward. Her right one is worse than her left. Her primary care physician thought it would be best to go to a specialist. So we waited 4 months!

I found out a lot of interesting stuff today. He said in 98% of kids it corrects it's self. Unfortunately, Analyse falls in the 2%. The problem is not her foot, it is her thigh bone. It is connected to her hip bone incorrectly. The only way to fix it is to have surgery. They will have to go in and break her thigh bone and rotate it to the correct placement. I was not prepared for the news. At worst I thought she would just have to wear a brace for awhile.

Dr. Davey said he does the surgery at age 8. So, we do have awhile to decide whether to have the surgery or not. It is a hard decision to make. I guess the question is, whether or not her foot disables her enough to do the surgery. She has a hard time running, jumping rope and playing sports. (She trips herself) But, is the surgery worth her not tripping herself any more?
Decisions, Decisions!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

OH MY WORD!!!!! I had no idea! I have a neice with a similar situation. SHe did not have surgery, but probably should have. I will talk to you more about the pros and cons from her experience next time I see you. Poor Analyse!!!