Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Horrible Winter of 2010

This year has been a bad year already! Christmas Eve we were hit with a blizzard! The first one for the Tulsa area. Only by the grace of God did we manage to make it home! The whole time I prayed and kept thinking 'How an I going explain to my kids why Santa does not go to grandmas house" I thought we were stuck in my grandmothers drive way, luckily Cody, Chantel and I was able to dig us out. How we made it home is a mystery. Chantel ended up Staying Christmas Eve at grandmas house. No one was able to pick her up until the next day. Christmas dinner this year was at my house. I had everything ready and was wondering what to with all of it. We all do not fit in Cody's truck so, I called Todd and he came over and helped pack up the food and kids and we all headed over to grandmas house to eat over there. As Cody and I was driving to grandmas house we realized that his 4 wheel drive does not work in his truck. Again by the grace of God we made it to grandmas house. Jacque and Jim were able to make it over also. It was nice hanging out with family all day.This is a picture of the snow in my back yard Christmas morning.
This is my ruler in the snow, 9 inches in the shallow part.

Down my street, before everyone got out and got stuck! lol

We ended up staying at the house for 3 days afterward. We had planned a trip to Texas and had to cancel it do to more bad weather. A few days before new years we received 2 more inches of snow. Here is is 2 weeks later and we still have snow, ice and the high today is 14 degrees.
B.A. school district has cancelled school for the rest of the week do to cold weather. They did not want the kids to get cold standing outside waiting for the bus. I will give you one guess on what my kids are doing right now! Hopefully the bad weather will end soon. I really need to put away all of my Christmas decorations and clean my garage out. All of my neighbors still have decorations and lights up.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?
I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment. I have a blog also obviously and would like to invite you to become my blog pal.

I mostly post about the Southern California experience through the perspective of personal writings, and my art. Maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay. Well I hope to hear from you soon... Jesse