Today our next door neighbors invited us over for dinner. I gladly excepted, I will eat anywhere as long as I do not have to cook. We usually do not get invited, we do the inviting. The are from Mexico so I was kind of excited to see what they were going to cook. It ended up being hamburgers and hot dogs with rice and beans =) They made steak and chicken with tortillas too. We all sat down to dinner and Eric the son made his hamburger and he added the rice to the top. Of course I made fun of him. Then the dad Leo went to make a hot dog and he used a tortilla for the bun and added rice on top. I had so much fun watching them eat American food. They cooked the hamburgers and hot dogs just for us. I thought it was so nice. They quickly found out that we love Mexican food and said they would make tamales for us next week. I am going to go over there and learn how to make them. I will let you know how it goes. Maria the mom does not speak very good english. =)
1 comment:
How fun! Good for you!!!!
Post a Comment